Sunday, March 28, 2010

Is it Monday yet, Please!

This weekend had a bit of an ominous beginning since I left the book I'm reading, The Lacemakers of Glenmara, at work and the library is closed Sunday and Monday (that will change as of April 25th). It was enough to induce a mini panic attack. Luckily, I have found that old movies and those tiny Cadbury eggs with the crisp shells that are completely addictive (Keri claims the shells are lined with crack!) can act as a substitute in a pinch.

Then, last night, Eric called to say that Jennifer was in Piedmont Hospital, possibly in labor a few weeks early. He was sitting in their van with their two little ones in the parking lot and Kylie had to go potty. Little Sophie didn't make her debut yet so we will, thankfully, have to wait a bit to meet her.

This morning I got a text from my sister saying my father was in the hospital because of dehydration. He had fainted at church and was rushed to the emergency room but was back home this afternoon. He sounded good but I learned that he is receiving chemotherapy. My mom's twelfth anniversary is this Sunday and we're hoping for no poetic coincidences here.

Right now I'm totally relaxed and watching Jack Nicholson experience a panic attack in Something's Gotta Give, a very cute, funny movie. Life is back to normal and now I can start thinking about Easter baskets for Kylie and Logan. When I gave Kylie a little Valentine bear she told her family in Tennessee her "friend Grandma" (pronounced Gamma) gave it to her.

I hope you enjoy a wonderful Easter and that Peter Rabbit treats you very well.

4 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Wow, you had quite the weekend! I can see why Monday is looking pretty good. Wishing your loved ones all the best--keep us posted on Sophie's debut, your dad's recovery and your mom's anniversary. And enjoy those Cadbury eggs...I think you've earned them!

Lisa

anita said...

Thanks,Lisa -- I will keep you up-to-date on our family soap opera. I think Publix is almost out of the eggs so I won't be tempted to buy them for too much longer. Have a happy Easter.

Cathy C. Hall said...

So I rushed home to check out your weekend-whew!-but thank goodness, things have calmed down now. Why is it that stuff happens in bunches? Sometimes I just want to yell, "Hey! Could you space it out a bit?"

But then I'd probably complain about that, too. :-)

(Have a blessed Easter- I'll be singing, or more correctly, mouthing the words, for the entire weekend!)

anita said...

Cath -- you have such a beautiful voice and are just as good as Susan Boyle! So keep on singing everywhere you can.