Thursday, April 29, 2010

FAMILY TIME

There's nothing like being around young children, especially when they're your precious grandchildren, to help you view life through a different kaleidsecope! I've spent the last two weeks with Kylie, Logan, and our new arrival, Sophie, as well as their mom and dad. It's funny how you can go on a weekly carousel, moving a bit robotlike to work, etc., not really noticing life in its purest form.

Kids are incredible beings, exhausting but incredible. They welcome you into their life with their open arms, open hearts, and open mouths. They let you know how life is supposed to be. Flowers are to be planted and to make you see how beautiful nature is; swings are supposed to be pushed "really high"; stories are supposed to be read "aden and aden," and snacks should keep on coming. Not a bad lesson to re-learn: have fun playing in the dirt, experience a bit of adventure, always have a good book available, and enjoy your food! Little Sophie quietly enjoys the show from her baby seat and dozes off when the noise gets to be too much.

It sounds a little corny to say this has been a life-changing experience but it has been. My life basically ended almost five years ago but it has been reborn over and over with each new child and I'm so grateful for their love.

Real life re-starts this weekend and my old routine will basically resume but it feels much more colorful now.

5 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Lovely post, Anita.

I don't have any grandbabies yet...*sigh*...my two older kids (23 and 28) show no signs of settling down and my youngest is 16, so she better NOT provide me with a grandbaby any time soon! I do have a grand-dog, a miniature Dachshund named Special Agent McGee (my daughter is an NCIS fan) but I don't suppose he counts as the real deal...but, shhh, don't tell him!

anita said...

McGee is my favorite NCIS guy too and I think your grand-dog is the real thing and is a very lucky dog. The one thorn in being away from home was that I missed Ambi, my ornery old lady cat. I can't sleep well if she isn't sprawled on top of me or right next to me. How pathetic is that!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Not pathetic at all...coming from someone who also has a sprawling old lady cat!

Cathy C. Hall said...

I love to hear about your grands-mostly because the joy comes through in every word.

IF I ever have grands, I'm signing up for lessons from you. :-)

Linda O'Connell said...

Anita, there is nothing that compares to a grandchild's hug or kiss. I understand your bliss. And babies, well, they just steal your heart!